4.26.2007

Hillsong Concert

A couple of weeks ago, I attended a Hillsong United Concert. I have mixed feelings about the concert. So here is what I think/thought.

1. I liked their sound. I don't know how to describe it, but I liked it. ( I'm sure Todd Wright would have great descriptions of their style and such.) Not all the songs were theologically sound, but some of them were o.k.
2. We stood in line for a long time because the concert was free. Right when we go to the overflow room, they said there wasn't any room.
3. We stood in the overflow room until the people guarding the doors were out of sight---then we slipped in (all 24 of us). I'm not quite sure how 24 of us got passed them.
4. For the next 2 hours we stood in chairs at the back of the room so we could see. I am quite amazed at how they are able to dance and run around on stage and sing all at the same time. I would be way out of breath.
5. I love listening to Hillsong United on my ipod and in my car. I don't know if I'll ever go to another concert of theirs. I prefer concerts like Derek Webb where all you have to do is sit and listen. You don't have to stand because everyone in front of you is standing and jumping up and down. I think this may be the sign that I am getting old. Yikes.


Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged, but I've been sooo busy. Last weekend was Weekend 180 and my parents also came. This week I've been trying to catch up on sleep. I've been so tired.

3 comments:

Mission to Moldova said...

Wow! Hillsong-they're great-I really enjoy their stuff! I agree with you though-the whole acoustic thing-sitting-listening--not so much jumping-i like that a lot better... How have you been? I saw Jason the other day, and while that was great i missed you so much :(.... love, jenn conn

DaddyBert said...

Don't know about Hillsong but I do know we sure enjoyed the weekend. Thanks for sending the little red purse home and your check for the UPS is on the way.

Rachel said...

Hey Jen Conn! It's great to hear from you. I miss you so much.