6.16.2006

Summer is here!

It has been a really long year. The move from Texas was much more difficult than I thought it would be. Adjusting to a new school where I had not a single Christian co-worker took a toll on my spiritual life. There were times when I felt I was in a dark cloud and questioned why I even believed what I believed. Spending time with God became necessary instead of hit and miss. I've always heard about being in spiritually dark places geographically, but I have never experienced it before now. It was more difficult than I had imagined it. On the bright side, God was faithful on those gloomy days to send small evidences of Himself. I am so thankful that He is willing to reveal Himself to me again and again.

Now that I am adjusted to this new life, I am loving it. I love the friends that I've made and I love our church. It is such a safe place to be yourself.

Last night, we just got back from vacation. We went camping at Cape Hattaras, NC ( one of the islands off of the coast of NC). It was so much fun combing the beach--to me that's the best part of it. The shells we found at the beach were the biggest I've ever collected. The beach was beautiful during the day, however it rained both nights we were there and water came into our tent. After the 2nd night of rain we decided to find a new camping spot, out of the way of Tropical Storm Alberto (I think that is his name. I know it started with an A--Alfredo, Alberto, ???). We drove all night for 8 hours to find that it was raining there as well. What fun! The sun came out by noon and all was well for the rest of the trip.


I am so excited that school is finished and I have time to read. Right now I'm reading Gold Cord by Amy Carmichael. I also have a reading list of what I hope to have done by the end of the Summer. We'll see what actually gets read.

True Spirituality by Frances Schaeffer
Bruchko by Bruce Olsen
Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (still have to buy this one)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ya Rachel!!! I'm so happy that you have a blog. I hope you blog more than that husband of yours. Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures this summer.