8.09.2006

I love a good pool.

After being at camp and having a swimming pool at my disposal, I rediscovered how much I love to swim. I love the pool and all that comes with it (except maybe rowdy, middle school boys). I love the smell of chlorine and the burning sensation your eyes have after a long swim. I love the smell of sunscreen and suntan oil. I love the way chips taste at the pool. I love playing Marco Polo and Sharks and Minnows. I love playing chicken. I love it all!!!!!!!! I used to spend all day every day at the Nacogdoches City Pool when I was in middle school. I would have a season pass and there were some days I would go twice a day.

I think I should start raising money to build my own pool. Feel free to donate to my cause, however, your donations are not tax deductible.

7 comments:

Todd Wright said...

can't delbert just build you guys one?

DaddyBert said...

LOL. That's great Todd. I hope she doesn't mention it or he might start digging.

Robert Conn said...

He could wash his Harley in it during the off season.

Amy said...

Harley, his dog, or his motorcycle? I guess it would work for both.

Rachel said...

He probably would. He is so nice. He has mowed our lawn all Spring and Summer in exchange for cookies and gasoline. A little different than cookies and milk.

mimi said...

Get a big jar, put it in the kitchen with a slit in the top and a lock. Get a permanent marker and write on the jar, "Pool Fund." Years ago I heard about some people who started saving pennies when their child was born and when he graduated from high school, they had enough money to buy a car. Better save quarters now.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »